Coyote Country Music Showdown
presented by Longnecker Jewelry
Local Live Show
Wednesday, July 25, 2018
Red Willow Co Fairgrounds (Kiplinger Arena) at 6:30 p.m.
Entry Deadline Tuesday, July 17, at 5:00 p.m. All Entries must include: entry form, Non-refundable $15 entry fee, Demo CD/cassette or Video of the ONE song you wish to perform. You will be notified by Wednesday, July 18 if you are selected to perform at the live show on Wednesday, July 25.
Register online - Click here
Print Registration Form - Click here
Pick up Registration form at 106 West 8th Street, McCook, NE 69001
IMPORTANT Contest Details
*There will be NO Backup Band.
*Station will provide sound system for the event.
Completed Entry Form, Non-Refundable Registration Money, Demo (cassette or CD) MUST be turned into Coyote Country by above dates. (Demo will not be returned) Also in order for us to produce a very "tight" running show, we will require the background track to be marked with your name and Background track number to be given to us along with your entry.
Performance order on the night of competition will be set by Coyote Country. Due to time constraints a selection committee will screen demo material & choose the best to compete at the show.
This Coyote Country Music Showdown information sheet is subject to change without notice; contact Jesse Stevens for the latest information
available. 308-345-1981 All judging at the competition and by the selection committee is final and all Coyote Country Music Showdown rules
& regulations will be followed.
Rules & Regulations
- ENTRY PROCEDURE: You must complete this form and get it to Coyote Country with your registration fee and demo before the entry deadline date.
- REGISTRATION FEE: TO ENTER A REGISTRATION FEE OF $15.00 PER ACT IS REQUIRED.
- DISPUTES: All Hometown Family Radio decisions are final.
- Each act must perform only with the personnel listed. No substitutions.
- Individuals may perform with only one act during the Showdown.
- Each act must perform
livevocally and/or instrumentally with no special lighting, props, effects.
- Performances must be done in good taste without offensive music or lyrics as determined by Station.
- Contestants may perform original music but to be given credit from the stage it will be defined as any piece of music written or co-written by the contestant. Contestants claiming to be using original music may be disqualified if a copyright exists which does not name the contestant as author or co-author.
- Acceptable documentation to prove music ownership shall include either a certificate of copyright, proof of song registration with BMI, ASCAP, etc., or a notarized copy of the music.
- Contest Performance order will be pre-set.
- Due to time constraints, a selection committee will screen demo material & choose the best to compete.
- Performances will be awarded 0-10 points in each of the following categories:
- Marketability in country music;
- Vocal/instrumental ability;
- Stage presence/charisma;
- Tie Breakers: the first tie-breaker shall be the highest number of points given in the Talent category. The second tie-breaker shall be the highest number of points awarded in the Marketability category. The third tie-breaker shall be by secret vote of the judges based on overall performance style and impact.
- All judging at the competition and by the selection committee is final.
- This printed sheet is subject to change without notice; contact Jesse Stevens for the latest information.
- PROMOTIONAL AUTHORIZATION: By submitting an Entry Form, the act (and each individual member thereof) grants to Hometown Family Radio the right to utilize the act’s (and each individual member’s thereof) name, likeness, image, voice, appearance, and performance in perpetuity worldwide for advertising, trade or any other lawful promotional purposes whatsoever, in any and all media now known or thereafter developed, without compensation. I/we also grant Hometown Family Radio the right to broadcast, market, sell and otherwise distribute my name, image, likeness, voice, appearance and performance, either in whole or in parts for commercial, non-commercial television, close-circuit exhibition, home video distribution, internet or any other purpose Hometown Family Radio, in their sole discretion may determine. I/we hereby give all clearance, copyright or otherwise, for the use of my name, likeness, image, voice, appearance and performance embodied in my/our performance/stage presentation. If under 18 years of age, parent or guardian must sign the entry form.
- ASSUMPTION OF RISK: By submitting this Entry Form, the act (and each individual member thereof) assumes all risks of property damage or bodily injury (including death) that might occur during the event and agrees not to bring against Hometown Family Radio any claim for property damage or bodily injury (including death) that might occur during event.
- GOOD CHARACTER: The act agrees that it may be disqualified immediately from the competition if the act (or any member thereof) commits any act or becomes involved in any situation that would adversely reflect on Hometown Family Radio or sponsors, or bring it or any party into public disrepute.
- ELIGIBILITY: Submit any questions regarding eligibility to Hometown Family Radio.
- I/we have not performed on a record listed in Billboard, Radio, and Records or the Gavin Report within eighteen months preceding competition.
- I/we do not have a professional produced CD and/or do not sell recordings of our music.